A week in North Carolina: Starting with Tryon Palace in New Bern

As always, when I travel back to the South, I feel like I am going home. While I believe that everywhere we've moved has been a learning and growing experience for me, and everywhere we go is exactly where we are supposed to be, some places just stick in my heart. North Carolina - yes the whole state (well, almost) - is one of those places. I left memories, friends, and much more behind. But the great thing is, I can always go back. And when I do it amazes me how my friendships manage to survive the ebb and flow of time and changes in location. Whether it's been a week or six months since we last spoke, we can pick back up where we left off and it's like I never left!

Yes, I left some friends like this in Goldsboro and on this week long sojourn to NC I had the opportunity to meet up with them. We met at Tryon Palace - an old favorite of mine from the GAPC photo club days - and had a great time. Here are some photos from our morning in the gardens and some silly photos of us winding down.

Overall, the week long business trip was a wonderful chance to continue to grow in my friendships, working relationships with the USC folks and the children's homes we work with, and, as always, a chance to capture some wonderful memories with my camera. From the coast to the mountains of NC and everything in between, I'll share the journey with you. For today, enjoy another taste of spring, and a little bit of friendship that, like perennials, grow, bloom, lie dormant, but come back again and again with proper care!



Suzi, Sophie Tim and me - yes we all set our tripods up and our cameras on timer so we could get this photo! We're officially a bunch of camera geeks! You can imagine us hitting the shutter button and RUNNING to take our place before the camera took the picture. It was a riot!


Some fun shots of Tim.


Flowers....




















Comments

Popular Posts