A Walk in the Woods


Fall is my favorite time of year for a walk in the forest. I love the colors, the smells, the sounds that accompany me. The best time - the quiet time - is the end of the day, when the light filters through the leaves casting a golden glow on everything. This also happens to be one of the best time for photographing because the people have all gone home to their suppers, the birds and beasts of the wood are calling gently to one another seeking theirs, and it's just chilly enough to bundle snugly against the coming night without being too cold to stand still for very long. Determined to enjoy my last "real" fall for at least the next 3 years, I am spending as much time as I can observing, experiencing and committing to memory a most beautiful season of change.



No trip to John Bryant State Park is complete without stopping at the Glen Helen Bird Sanctuary for a look at the rescued animals they have there. I just love the owls! Though it's really challenging to photograph the animals through their cages, it's still possible.

Comments

Popular Posts