iPhone on a Journey

I take my iPhone with me everywhere. It's in my purse, my camera bag, my pocket. I never leave home without it and when I think that I have, I panic.
Sound familiar?
I do have a reason for it, though, and it's not just to stay connected when I (travel, shop, photograph, eat lunch) but it's to capture everything about the moments around me and the world as I see it. I cannot walk by a barn, a wall, a flower, a sunset, a tree - you name it - without letting it impact me and thus trying to catch it in a way that impacts others. It's just what I do.
A few weeks ago I taught a class on iPhone photography at the Turner Center for the Arts in Valdosta GA. In addition to it being a lot of fun (yes, I love to teach, this is not news) it also gave me reason to go through my 3,500 iPhone photos from the first gen phone that I had to the current version that I carry, and choose some of my favorites, my most interesting, my most moving moments that I may have caught with my SLR as well, or I may not have caught at all if I hadn't had my phone.
Here's six minutes of my best - and yes, ALL of these were taken with my iPhone.

Enjoy the journey!



Comments

Popular Posts