Ah, Venice (by day)


our hotel

Ahhh, Venice. If my sleep deprived mind could work correctly I could tell you in better words what an absolutely overwhelmingly amazing place this is. From the minute we touched down as the sun rose over the city I could sense the magic. Yes, it's crowded. Yes it's hot. But oh my, it's wonderful. It's everything I had hoped it would be. And I don't think it's possible to take a bad photograph here. We walked endlessly today and almost until 2 I was able to capture images despite the bright light. And wait until you see the city by night - but that's another blog. Look for that one on Friday, along with a blurb about Murano and Burano where we are headed friday morning. Suffice it to say it's way past my bed time, I'm dizzy with lack of sleep and stimulus overload. But I just ...had....to....share..



from one of the many bridges


the lamposts make great photos



San Marco


talk about wonder and awe...








gelato featured twice today. only made pictures once.


my father in law is a magnet for pigeons






boat ride in


the canals








the laundry


a quiet plaza




some people of Venice


I get creative and make my mother in law and father in law follow suit.


snacks


dinner - chef reccomended


coming in for landing


oh my


and again, oh my

Comments

Love the photos! Thanks for sharing. Especially Dad w/ the pigeon~Cosette said Look Pere-Pere and a bird!

Popular Posts