Pastrami, where are you when I need you?

It's been 18 days since I blogged just because. 18 days. 432 hours. 25,920 minutes. how do you measure a day? in daylights? in sunsets? in midnights? in cups of coffee? (humming along). Or maybe in what you're missing. What are you missing from your life right now? Is it something you've always had that you don't have anymore? Is it someone? Is it a feeling that's lost? Or one you've never had? Is it a place you spent a lot of time as a child that you no longer have access to? Do you live everywhere and thus nowhere, always looking forward to going back to that place? THAT place where you can find IT again, whatever it is. Can you ever go back?
Some things you can go back for. Pastrami happens to be one of them. Well, unless you live in Valdosta GA, like I do. Google was decidedly unhelpful when researching whether anywhere in Valdosta carried the one thing I am craving. But it's OK. Because not having makes the having that much better when you can finally have it. And thus there's always Pastrami to look forward to. In CA, yes. Been there, loved that. In Atlanta maybe? I'll let you know in November. In NYC for sure, every time I go. But, why this? Why now? For some odd reason Pastrami has been on my brain lately. Perhaps it's because of a recent (and delicious) post of a photographer friend and his wife regarding Pastrami. Or maybe it's because I just went through my photos from NYC and came across the ones from the incredible, edible, amazing Carnegie Deli. Or maybe it's just because I have this sinking suspicion that I cannot have what I want most ardently right now - which is a thick, juicy, melt in your mouth, mold the bread around it, fat and calories don't count pastrami sandwich.  So I guess I'll just have to wait. And drool. And look ahead, knowing that whatever IT is, it will be better for the waiting.






Comments

Unknown said…
"IT" better be worth the waiting.
Anonymous said…
Really? Should I comment here? Or maybe I should comment on Facebook... or hotmail, or maybe I should just send you a text to say that DC has pastrami... maybe you should just come back here.

Popular Posts