Curves Ahead

The joy is in the journey, but for me it's even more in the negotiation of the curves ahead. The thrill of the unexpected. The finding of friends in places you weren't looking. The delight in collaborations with partners, old and new, that arise from simple conversations. The excitement when the timing works out....just right. My life is, has been, and continues to be all of these things. Real Women has been, and continues to be, all of these things as well.
Here's how it happened.
A wish turned into an idea turned into a plan. The plan became a vision that became a reality. The concept spoke to some women, some of who graciously have allowed me to use their images, with and without names, to show the world that they, that women, are beautiful just as they are. And it continues to speak to women, nationwide. I was invested enough in the concept to pursue, and obtain, the trademark for Real Women Photography. I wrote an article, from the heart, on how this concept came to life, on how inspiration is the motivation for a dream to become the truth. And then the article was published, in Rangefinder Magazine. And on the heels of that, with the encouragement from a friend, I moved even closer to the dream by putting myself in the running for a speaking slot at the Wedding and Portrait Photographer's International Convention in Las Vegas in February 2011. And was accepted. I'll be speaking, demonstrating, motivating (I hope) on Real Women in a two hour master's class. And tonight, debuting at the Color of Energy Gallery in Dayton OH, some of my Real Women, who alone are fine art, have been elevated to the status of a gallery showing. Sometimes, the joy is in the journey. But it's also in the negotiation, and thrill of, the curves ahead.



Comments

Popular Posts