Germany {Heidelburg}


Ahh, Europe! For those of you who didn't know (travel is my drug of choice) I had the most amazing opportunity to travel to Germany, Luxembourg, Austria and the Czech Republic in late October / early November of last year. It started out as a 10 year anniversary trip for Aaron and I and quickly grew from there when I was invited to speak / teach photography at the Digiforum conference in Prague (the dates just happened to coincide). And ohbytheway it also became a portrait photography extravaganza as I reconnected with two former clients and one new client at one of the Air Force bases in Germany. So needless to say it was a whirlwind three weeks that started with photography, ended with photography, and was filled in the middle with travel, food, and yes, you guessed it, photography!

Aaron and I had an amazing, exhausting, beer filled journey and I am just now finally making the time to blog about it! Over the next few weeks, join me as I relive the landscape, the foibles, the cultural differences, and the beauty of fall in a part of the world that I cannot imagine looking any prettier any other time of the year.


First Stop: Heidelburg


Just off the plane in Munich, our snazzy Peugot sports car (a rental of course) loaded down with luggage, we took off for one night in Heidelburg. Our first destination? A restaurant/ brewery of course! This was one that Canci and I had stumbled across when we were in Germany in 2010 and I had made a mental note to bring Aaron back to it (because he loves craft beers). And really, who wouldn't want to drink heavily after 15 hours of trans-Atlantic travel and very little sleep? Sign us up!



We then walked around town for several hours, trying to stay awake and beat jet lag! It worked... we managed to stay awake until 9:30 I think.



















We hiked up to the old castle and caught some beautiful late afternoon light.










Ready for anything if you have bread in your backpack!













Night in the city was as lovely as the day!


Comments

Anonymous said…
God, you are so talented! My niece, April (also your friend) will be posted to Germany for two years, so she should be able to see some of the sights you posted.
Keep taking the pictures. I love to see them.

Popular Posts