a kid who goes to east carolina

While on my journey, I had the chance to stop in Greenville, NC to visit my cousin, Shane, who is in his first year at ECU. I found him to be a happy, well-established turncoat through and through. Once a true northerner, he now greeted me in the authentic southern NC garb of purple hooded ECU college sweatshirt, jeans and, yes, flip flops. And it wasn't warm out. Not even for the South. But we took a pleasant turn around campus, with him giving me the unofficial tour, complete with ghost stories (only in the South I say!), fascinating facts and campus lore. Then we visited his dorm room (standard but neat), met his roomie (decent), went out to dinner (chain restaurant, terrible!), made a stop at the local Harris Teeter (bottled water and paper towels - every college boy's dream purchase) and, with a final hug goodbye, I headed back to Goldsboro.

This was my first time visiting ECU, though Aaron and I had once made a trip to Greenville while living in the 'boro (as Leah and I fondly call Goldsboro). I found it to be a nice, tidy University, quiet and abandoned on a Sunday (as it should be) and though some of the surrounding area was abandoned, it made for some great photo ops, which I took
advantage of, of course!




the old storefronts, so typical of the smaller southern towns





the abandoned warehouses




here's looking at you, while we wait for the light to change at the crosswalk
the campus tour




making a statement?


the neat lines and angles of campus.
the light was dreary so I went with more desaturated images.


Shane puts his game face on for a pose


dorm days

Comments

Popular Posts