Cambridge

After heading back from Scotland we had one more official day in England and we spent half of it walking around Cambridge, a busy university town about 30 minutes from Bury St Edmunds. It was a hectic and historic city. My one disappointment was that we had to pay to see everything - to walk through the most beautiful parts of the city was to also walk through the university campus, but you couldn't enter for free unless you had official university business. So needless to say we didn't do this at every stop. I did pay to see the inside King's College chapel, which I think must be a misnomer because I consider it more of a cathedral. Other than that, I contented myself with what I could see for free from the streets. I know I missed a lot, but perhaps I will go back again?

The Eagle pub in Cambridge apparently has some RAF memorabilia inside and on the ceilings. We didn't eat there (I was kind of pubbed-out if you can imagine) but we did peek inside. This picture is really for Aaron.



inside




King's College Chapel









Inside King's College Chapel











punting down the river (which we didn't actually do)




Round Church - second oldest building in Cambridge - built around 1190 I think.






Comments

gina marie said…
Thank you for taking me back to Cambridge! Nick and I were married there and lived there for 2 years! I have so many wonderful memories there! I wish I had been into photography while I lived there. I might be interested in buying some prints from you. If you go back, I would love a shot of the Market taken from that tower (I forgot the name it is in one of the churches by the market). If not, there are plenty here to choose from. BEAUTIFUL!!! I am really enjoying your trip to Europe!!!

Popular Posts