Western Ireland Recap



In a word - incredible. In another word - unexpected. I could go on. The journey to Ireland was awesome. The group I was with was fantastic - fun, connected, young and old(er), informative and laid back....the group made the trip extra special. The last picture on this post is the whole gang of us on our last night at the house before heading into town for a final night in Ennis.

I took probably 3000 pictures and have narrowed it down, on first shot, to about 30 that tell the story. I haven't even gone through the photos from yesterday. This is the Western Ireland I saw, through the eyes of local guide and coach driver Olcan Masterson (also an accomplished Irish flutist, perhaps the best in the country so the rumor goes). Most of these images were taken in a 30 mile radius, all in County Mayo, and all off the beaten path. No tourists swarmed these locales, the sun shone upon us almost half the time and when it rained, it was fine, because it is supposed to rain in Ireland.

A big thanks to Olcan, to the group, to my roomie Jasmine who I feel like I have been roomies with forever, and to Ron Zimmerman, the photo guide, and Jacque from Strabo Tours - what an amazing journey.


Rossanrubble sunset









two days before - same place - no sun in sight



cow



Sheep




sheep giving a massage




fisherman cottage





Ennis Friary






winding roads, cliffs, coastline and mountains

all in one photo. I think this was Loch Nafooey








Clare Island




Achill Island













Pirate Queen Castle - Grace O Malley



wild lillies along the coast





Clare Island Lighthouse












a rainy day in Galway






















the people of Ireland








window of fisherman cottage, abandoned





Sheefreey Forest




Abbeys and Cemeteries














Full moon on midsummers eve



the gang -

Sandy, Kaye, Carolyn, Jasmine, Steve, Terry and Ron. And me.



Comments

gina marie said…
WOW!!!! Those are breath-taking! You need to open a gallery now.
Anonymous said…
WOW, some of that was stunning, breathtaking, and I wish I had a broader vocabulary. Jack, these are outstanding, you should be so proud.

Love ya
R

Popular Posts