Edinburgh - in the city

A day in the city










































Comments

Anonymous said…
Lovely!

We just went on our first overseas vacation ever--for two weeks in Scotland. Spent 3 nights in Edinburgh and loved it. The off-kilter aspect of many of your images captures how familiar/unfamiliar the city felt!

And you got the philosophy guy (Hume?) with the cone on his head! We saw that and wished we'd taken a picture. One person told us it's usually on his lap a day or two, then someone moves it to his head for a day or two, and then the police take it off.

Thanks for sharing these!
Anonymous said…
You take me back to that magical, mystical place - Scotland! It is full of fairies and such. My word for this place is ancient. If you can work it into your schedule, you must find time to hike a small portion of the "Highland Road" (I think that is what it is called). It is where the people traveled by foot to get where they needed to go. It is along the west, up the highland coastline. I know it is near Glencoe. One of my favorite memories was just pulling off the side of the road and hiking in the highlands - you can do it pretty much anywhere. Be ready for a glorious surprise if you do! Todd and I just saw a bunch of cars pulled off at the side of the road and followed a trail. After much hiking, we rounded the bend and saw one of the most captivating views of the ocean and a small farmhouse! Look for Standing Stones everywhere - no one seems to know what they are for, so of course that made them fascinating to me! The Isle of Skye was also one of my favorite places. I do hope you get to the Highlands. Don't forget to look for the "little people" - they are everywhere!

Miss you!

Popular Posts