Day Three - Horizons {7 days, 7 photos, 7 stories}


When I was a child I had these really cool books that I recall only as being titled "choose your own adventure."  In these stories you always started at the same place, but after reading a few pages you'd suddenly be faced with a decision, and you were in charge of choosing what happened next. One choice told you to turn to a particular page while another lead you in a different direction. And on it went until you arrived at the conclusion you had dictated. The problem  - I was never content with the ending. So I'd go back and read all the endings and then choose the perfect one.

There are days  - there are always days - when I wish that life was like this series of books. I sometimes want to read ahead and find out what the ending is based on the choices offered up. I think this is why horizon views are always so appealing to me. Whether it's the sunrise over the mountains or the sunset over the rocky sea-tossed coast, I love looking out and being able to see everything, from here to eternity.
Or thinking that I can.

Seeing all your choices, and your endings, laid out before you would certainly make a difference in how you choose. But, really, what fun would that be? Because, let's face it, I may wish at times that I knew the ending, but I kind of love that I don't. I love the mystery of what lies ahead, the joy of discovering what happens as a direct result of the turns I take on the path I'm walking, and the satisfaction I have knowing the courage required to arrive without knowing the end. In truth, if every decision and every ending were clear, where would the adventure be?

Comments

Steve Gravano said…
I love your photo. The repeating mountains, haze and setting sun are beautiful. Nuce work.

Popular Posts