And so it begins

Sunday, September 15th 8 PM



Welcome to North Carolina.



And with those words, my seven week journey begins.



Seven hours in the overloaded car later (how DO you pack for seven weeks?) I roll into Winston Salem with four suitcases and a multitude of bags and more bags. Of course one suitcase is overstuffed with clothes that will be appropriate for everything from work to play in environments ranging from rugged beach and forest to southern city sleek as well as temperatures jumping between lows in the 40s and highs in the 90s (welcome to the Carolinas!), And I need one suitcase just for workout stuff, one suitcase for shoes (yes, they have their own bag) and one for everything else. Add to that a camera bag (a must), a laptop backpack, a toiletry bag, a bag for books and books on CD, a file tote for work files, two miscellaneous bags for, well, miscellaneous stuff (like phone chargers, CDs and paper for the printer) and a portable printer and you have one groaning little Honda Civic.


I plan to update this every day but it depends if I have new photos to share, since that is the point. But where I go, the camera goes. So I hope to have some stunning glimpses of the Carolinas to share.



So, to begin, here are some pictures of my first night as I drive through downtown just as daylight fades to dusk.

J










Comments

Unknown said…
Hey, cool, you got a blog! What a chick!
gina marie said…
Awesome Jackie!!! I love your blog and look forward to hearing and seeing more about your adventure!

Gina

P.S. I think you'll like blogging.
Anonymous said…
whats up dog!..you gotta blog..look forward to it
Anonymous said…
ws looks a little weak gallery wise... its all on TRADE st....mike
Sara said…
This is great! Thanks for letting me know you started blogging. Now you've got another hitchhiker (me) to stuff in your car.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Don't let the blog beast eat you alive!
Let us know where you'll be, as I'm sure out paths will cross somewhere!
Anonymous said…
sigh...how beautiful!..When you get to Charleston let me know, I will recommend a few of the many cool galleries to check out!...miss you..love your blog..Trish
Anonymous said…
Let's see, how many days till Columbia??? Can't wait to share the journey with you! Love ya, RJ
Anonymous said…
Safe journey and happy travles. I'm looking forward to more picture perfect perceptions from you.

*Sparky*

Popular Posts