Sugar Shock

I love visiting Washington, DC because, quite honestly, of the food. I really think that despite it being the center of our political infrastructure, a city of tales and history, and in general an architectural mecca, it's the food that brings me back. My stomach grumbles happily in anticipation when I begin my final approach. And I never leave disappointed. It helps that Leah, one of my best friends and oh, btw, a tried and true foodie, lives there and has thankfully worked her way methodically through the offerings of the city, so she knows where to take me.
On this trip we dined for my birthday at Proof (fabulous) where I discovered what is now my favorite Chardonnay (Martinelli Zio if you care). We had dessert at CoCo Sala, a chocolate lover's dream (though not really the place to meet men, if you're looking. It was a very female-centric locale with tons of ladies getting their chocolate on). We lunched at Two Amy's Neapolitan Pizzaria where I had the real deal Margherita Extra pizza with Tomato, mozzarella di bufala, and cherry tomatoes (the only time I've had better was in Sicily last summer), and the most delicious deviled eggs with this crazy pesto sauce (trust me, it was incredible). And, of course, despite the hype, went into sugar shock over Georgetown Cupcakes. I was determined to try every flavor that called to me, so I bought 6: Coconut, Caramel Sea Salt (my hands down fav), Vanilla, Red Velvet, Maple (at Leah's request..not my favorite but only because I don't care for maple unless it's on pancakes) and Lemon. Leah, her husband, and I slowly, carefully worked our way through them, making them last over the course of 24 hours. And let me tell you, if you're an icing fan (and not just that fluff icing that's more sugar than substance) and you love flavorful cake, this is the place to go. Even if you have to stand in line (yes, we did. For 45 minutes in the middle of the day).

I only took photos at Georgetown Cupcake...so below is my tribute to a few delicious days spent in DC. Enjoy! And thank you, Leah, for not just being right about every restaurant, but for hosting me for days on end :)


Comments

Julie and Greg said…
you should email them this photo collage! maybe they will use it!!

Popular Posts