The Brown Butter Cookie Company

While on the road between Santa Barbara and Big Sur, I happened to pull off in a postage stamp beach town called Cayucos. I was lured in by the pier that I could see from the road. I snapped a few photos - wheeling gulls and crashing surf - basically nothing new. I returned to the car and began to head back towards the main road when when a red building caught my eye. It was a neat, barn like structure with welcoming cafe style tables in front. Despite my piqued interest, I planned to just drive on by - places to see, miles to go before I sleep, etc etc. But then, in a last minute "what the heck I might as well explore everything that catches my attention" moment, I turned the car around. Probably among the best culinary decisions I've ever made :) because waiting within those walls were the most amazing cookies I have ever tasted, hands down. Welcome to the Brown Butter Cookie Company. What I discovered was melt-in-your-mouth, savory-sea-salt-sweet baked buttery sugary goodness. The taste test initiated me. And the taste made me a forever fan. My favorite? It's a toss up between the chewy honey (which, sadly, the do not ship) and the chocolate (thankfully, they do ship this one!). But if you're looking for something just a little different, check them out! I did, and I'm a changed woman :)

For more info, and to read about their story, visit their website at http://www.brownbuttercookies.com/ 
And thanks to Christa and Traci, the sisters who started this company, for allowing me to take photos!!



Comments

Tk said…
mmmm love that drive along the coast!
Anonymous said…
I can smell those cookies now.

Popular Posts