The Color of Kinston

As the years go by, there are towns I've only ever driven through or by but never bothered to stop over in. Kinston, NC is one of those towns. Kinston is pretty close geographically to Goldsboro and even having lived in the boro for 3 years, I never actually visited Kinston. So when the opportunity came up on this trip I decided it was past time. As you can see, the town is filled with old buildings, many abandoned, but some holding thriving businesses, an old train depot, and character that only a small southern town can have.

The people were incredibly friendly and curious - I couldn't walk 10 feet without someone coming out of their store, wanting to know if I was from the paper, wanting to show me around and tell me the story behind their store front. One such person, Sensei Joseph from the Karate Dojo, introduced me to his cat and kittens. The cat, whose name is Bushido (meaning way of the warrior), turned up on his doorstep years ago as a weak, dying kitten and he nursed her back to health. So Bushido intermittently has come and gone, this time coming with kittens in tow!

Kinston may be small in size, but it's large in character, color and friendliness!





































Bushido and her kittens






































Comments

Popular Posts