the Color of Charleston

Ahhh, Charleston. No journey is complete without some quintessential Southern charm, color, and a "bless your heart!" Though I've been here so often, I just can't get enough. Many a day trip was spent to this delightful city, with family and friends, when we lived a mere 2 hours drive. And so I have quite a few memories associated with Charleston - one of the biggest was that Aaron and I bought my engagement ring here, in an estate jewelery store on King Street, and then drove to the beach to get "officially" engaged before dinner back in town at Magnolias. Oh, the romance of it all!

But even after moving trucks took us West, I've come back a fair share of times since - at least once a year. And every year Aaron has met me here for the weekend, adding even more stories to our chapters. We've shared many a meal, many a humid stroll through the market, and not nearly enough long, quiet spells on the swings overlooking the water.

For all its tourist appeal, Charleston still has that quaint sweetness - that colorful, vibrant, tangible testimony to past and future, with only itself as the present.


Rainbow Row





























Down by the water







random bird - have no idea what kind it is!















Along Battery Park











Doors, Windows and gates - some of my favorite subjects in Charleston!



some of the more rustic parts of the city are the most photogenic...




































oh, and old cemeteries too!









what joys and moments, evermore. messages from beyond?














Comments

Rich said…
Very cool use of depth of field with the words, I really like how you caught your own shadow, and if you haven't been, I thought the old doors of Yellow Springs were plentiful enough to make the trip worth it on their own.

Popular Posts