I bleed Crimson and Black



OK, so I don't really bleed crimson and black, of course. But I have a master's in public health from the University of South Carolina. Ipso facto, I am a gamecock. Unofficially. I actually never got into football, at the college or graduate level. I went to maybe two home games when I was a blue hen (go UD). And then I was a gamecock. And the first time I set foot in the stadium was four days ago when the light was awesome and I thought it might be cool to photograph all things Carolina. And so I did. I walked around the periphery of the stadium, watching the sun sink lower in the sky, wishing for an entrance into the green, lush center. Ten minytes later, and three feet from where I started (had I gone in the opposite direction), an opening presented itself. And so I walked in. And spent 20 minutes traipsing around the trimmed turf, tromping into the stands, tripping up to the goal posts and chilling on the grass, just to say I did. And to tell you the truth, it was pretty cool. It made me want to attend a game. But for now, I'll content myself to look at the pictures and pretend I can hear the roar of the crowd, catch the scent of sweat, beer and peanuts borne on the breeze, and shade my eyes from the glare of the stadium lights.





































































The SC State Fair getting set up and ready to go

Comments

Popular Posts